The Young Innovators Quest (YiQ) program seeks to provide opportunities for high school students interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and medicine to conduct research and explore ways to enhance their creativity in a motivating, hands-on environment. This will be achieved through the creative process of innovation and inductive scientific research, facilitated by experts and professionals in science, medicine and engineering. Participants will be immersed in the process of formulating and developing scientific research projects focused on increasing their interest in STEM, depth of knowledge and potential for innovation.
Students will be selected with the support and recommendations of their teachers. They will start with an intense summer research program in which they will participate in active research with expert researchers, attend STEM related workshops, visit industry partners and develop an innovative research project based on their own interests.
This program allows students to network and greatly benefit from the inspiration, motivation, and instruction of dedicated and generous scientists, physicians and engineers. This is a tremendous opportunity for our Indiana students and will plant the seed for future collaborations with academia and the private industry. It will also spark innovation and creativity among our youth.
After students graduate from the summer program, Health and Science Innovations will provide direction, support, and opportunities for the students to continue working on specific research during the school year. Students who continue working on their projects during the academic year earn the distinction of being one of our YiQ Scholars. Health and Science Innovations also supports extracurricular activities throughout the year for our YiQ Scholars and Graduates.
2021 Program Details
- Early Bird: March 21, 2021
- Extended Deadline: May 31, 2021
- May 31, 2021: Parents and Students Orientation
- June 7, 2021: Summer Program starts
- June 25, 2021: Students Final Ceremony
- August 15, 2021 – April 30, 2021: YiQ Scholars (Optional Mentored Research Projects)
- The program will be located in Indianapolis.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, the YiQ program will be primarily offered online (80% virtual and 20% in-person). Industry visits will continue to be virtual. In-person activities will be outdoors (e.g. campus visits, outdoor STEM activities, and outdoor games or contactless sports), with the exception of the human anatomy lab.
- Between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Registration Fee: $35 per student
- Reduced Tuition: $800 (Early Bird), $950 (Regular), $1900 (Out-of-State) per student
- Financial Assistant to cover up to the full tuition is available on a case by case basis and based on need.